When you hear the name ” Kolhapur ” then the first thing that comes to the mind is Kolhapuri Cuisine. It is the land of sugar and jaggery. The city located in Maharashtra & Situated on the Riverbanks of the Panchganga River. Kolhapur is also famous for its Kolhapuri Chappal and Kolhapuri Lavangi Mirchi.
Attractions in Kolhapur
- Shree Mahalaxmi Mandir: One of the most beautiful places to visit in Kolhapur is the Shree Mahalaxmi Mandir, built in the 7th century in the Chalukya era. Devotees from various regions come here to receive blessings and it is a popular Hindus pilgrimage center.
- Panhala Fort – Panhala is located on the Sahyadri mountain range in Maharashtra district of Kolhapur. Panhala Fort is one of Deccan’s Largest Forts.
- Rankala Lake is a famous spot for spending the weekends. The Shalini Palace resides on the western bank of the lake.
Special cuisine in Kolhapur
- Kolhapur is a paradise for a foodie. Its food is famous for its traditional cuisines and flavors. The unique and Traditional Food recipes like Kolhapuri pandhara rassa, tambadaa rassa, Kolhapuri misal pav are famous here.
- Kolhapuri misal pav: The mixture of boiled matki beans, tomatoes and onions farsan, sev, potatoes and masala like garam masala, ginger garlic are used to make the spicy dish. It is with bread.
- Batata pav: The kolhapuri Wada pav is also larger batata WADA and is served with a traditional chutney and fried green chili. It is made of potato which is dipped in batters of gram meal and browned deeply. You can’t have a break from the tenting scent of wadas.
- Tambadaa and Pandhara Rassa: Tambada Rassa is a typically hot spicy, red mutton soup, whereas Pandhara Rassa is Mutton soup prepared by using coconut milk and hot spices without chilly. It is Served with bhakri or steamed rice.
How to Reach Kolhapur
Kolhapur Airport (KLH) or Ujalaiwadi Airport is an domestic airport, Located 9 KM away from kolhapur city center. Airlines Like Indigo & Air India provide regular flights for Hyderabad(HYD), Tirupati(TIR) & Bengaluru(BLR).
Kolhapur Have excellent connectivity by well-developed road network with neighboring towns and cities.
Regular trains from major cities of the country to Kolhapur are easily available.
Railway station : Kolhapur Railway (KOP)